Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blog #2

greatwhite1.jpg

When I was once a little girl, it was my first trip to the ocean. I was excited to be on the beach and relax and see the new wildlife. Although sharks were always on my mind, after watching Jaws, but yet I still jumped right in the water hoping to discover something new. As I plunged into the water and splashed around while watching my mother on the sand, I was having the most fun I had in awhile. As I began to swim farther out I began to also come more scared of what I was to find. As soon as I got the courage to go where I could not touch, I saw 4 fins. My heart froze as I heard another child utter the words, "SHARK!" out of his mouth. I swam the fastest I ever had in my life as tears streamed down my face. As I reached the secure place of my mother's towel in tears, she was dying in laughter and I was completely baffled. As I tried to explain to her what I had seen in the murky waters in South Carolina, the kind yet assertive lifeguard came over and reassured me that the fins I had seen were merely dolphin fins. As I gathered my composure I felt kind of silly for the over dramatic reaction I had had to these eery fins, but even after I was calm down, my feet would not touch the ocean the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment